This project exists because of the curious and bold women who have volunteered to photograph their own cervices and submit them to the project for the education of the general public. We are all so grateful to you!
Join the Club!
If you are interested in participating in this project by photographing your own cervix, please contact me and I will send you instructions.
Beautiful Cervix Project’s vision is to document a variety of cervices. We are happy to work with anyone wishing to participate, but are currently especially seeking women who:
- Are pregnant
- Are willing to endure a speculum exam during labor (to view a dilating cervix)
- Are recently postpartum
- Have given birth and want to document an entire cycle
- Have short, long or anovulatory cycles
- Have an STI or vaginal infection
- Have had a colposcopy or LEEP procedure
- Have two cervices/uteri
- Are on the birth control pill or other hormonal contraceptive device
Here is a brief video of how to take your own cervical photos. The trick is to focus on something externally and keep holding the shutter button down half way until you move the camera to the opening of the vagina. Then press it down fully while aiming at the cervix.